Recipe Categories : | Recipe
Index | Join
Our Mailing List |
- 2½ lb cooked, cubed chicken
- water, as required
- salt, to taste
- 1 celery tops
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 med tart apple, peeled and diced
- 1 med thinly sliced onion
- 1 tbsp curry powder, or more
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup Coca-Cola
- 3½ tbsp flour
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tspn salt
- 1/8 tspn white pepper
- 1 hot cooked rice
Preparation and Cooking Instructions :
- Rinse the chicken pieces.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the chicken with a few celery tops.
- Cover and simmer for about 1 hour or until fork tender. Drain and
strain the broth; reserve.
- Bone the chicken and cut into ½" pieces to measure about
- In a skillet, melt the butter. Add the apple, onion and curry powder.
Sauté for 5 minutes, blending well. Stir in raisins, 1 cup of
the reserved chicken broth, and the Coca-Cola.
- In a bowl, mix flour with the half and half, stirring until smooth.
- Add the salt and white pepper to the onion apple mixture. Stir and
cook over low heat until thick and creamy. Taste for seasoning.
- Add the chicken and turn into a covered container to chill overnight.
- Reheat in the top of a double boiler over hot water and serve on cooked
rice with a selection of condiments; including, grated coconut, chopped
peanuts, chopped raw onions, raisins, sweet pickle relish, chutney,
chow chow, and/or lime wedges.